Citrus County Code of Ordinances:
- Chapter 14 – Animal Control
- All dogs, cats, and ferrets, at least four months of age or older, must be registered with Animal Services.
- All dogs, cats and ferrets that are four months of age or older must be vaccinated for rabies in accordance with F.S. § 828.30.
- All dogs and cats, at least four months of age or older, must have been issued a tag.
- In order to register or renew registration for a dog or cat, a current complete rabies vaccine certification must be provided to Animal Services.
- The tag may be obtained either from Animal Services or a veterinarian. Only rabies certificates signed by a veterinarian, and tags approved for issuance by Animal Services, shall be valid.
- There will be no tag fee assessed for service animals.
- There will be no registration fee or tag fee assessed to approved government agencies, government owned or operated animal shelters, or rescue groups holding a valid tax exemption under Internal Revenue Code section 501(3)(c).
Where Do I Get A License?
Licenses can be obtained at Citrus County Animal Services during normal hours of operation. Licenses can also be purchased at most Citrus County Veterinary Offices, and online via PetData. Visit https://www.petdata.com/for-pet-owners/ctr for more information.