Citrus County Code of Ordinances:
- Chapter 14 – Animal Control
- All dogs, cats, and ferrets, at least four months of age or older, must be registered with Animal Services.
- All dogs, cats and ferrets that are four months of age or older must be vaccinated for rabies in accordance with F.S. § 828.30.
- All dogs and cats, at least four months of age or older, must have been issued a tag.
- In order to register or renew registration for a dog or cat, a current complete rabies vaccine certification must be provided to Animal Services.
- The tag may be obtained either from Animal Services or a veterinarian. Only rabies certificates signed by a veterinarian, and tags approved for issuance by Animal Services, shall be valid.
- There will be no tag fee assessed for service animals.
- There will be no registration fee or tag fee assessed to approved government agencies, government owned or operated animal shelters, or rescue groups holding a valid tax exemption under Internal Revenue Code section 501(3)(c).
Where Do I Get A License?
Licenses can be obtained at Citrus County Animal Services during normal hours of operation. Licenses can also be purchased at most Citrus County Veterinary Offices.