License Information

Citrus County Code of Ordinances:
  • All dogs, cats, and ferrets, at least four months of age or older, must be registered with Animal Services.
  • All dogs, cats and ferrets that are four months of age or older must be vaccinated for rabies in accordance with F.S. § 828.30.
  • All dogs and cats, at least four months of age or older, must have been issued a tag.
  • In order to register or renew registration for a dog or cat, a current complete rabies vaccine certification must be provided to Animal Services.
  • The tag may be obtained either from Animal Services or a veterinarian. Only rabies certificates signed by a veterinarian, and tags approved for issuance by Animal Services, shall be valid.
Fee Exceptions:
  • There will be no tag fee assessed for service animals.
  • There will be no registration fee or tag fee assessed to approved government agencies, government owned or operated animal shelters, or rescue groups holding a valid tax exemption under Internal Revenue Code section 501(3)(c).
Where Do I Get A License?

Licenses can be obtained at Citrus County Animal Services during normal hours of operation. Licenses can also be purchased at most Citrus County Veterinary Offices, and online via PetData. Visit https://www.petdata.com/for-pet-owners/ctr for more information.

Pet Data Logo


License Fees:

1 year license
1 year license
3 year license
3 year license


Rabies Shot
(1 year)
Rabies Shot
(3 year)

Mailing Address

To license by mail:

  1. Enclose copies of all required paperwork. The license application below may be downloaded and included, but it is not required.
  2. Determine the correct license fee for each of your pets.
  3. Make your check or money order payable to “Citrus County BOCC.” Please do not send cash.
  4. Mail your paperwork and payment to:

Citrus County Animal Services
c/o PetData
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929

Download License Application (PDF format)

*To use as an electronic fillable form, open in Adobe Reader.

Required Paperwork

  1. A current rabies vaccination certificate is required if the rabies vaccination on file has expired. Please check your certificate for correct address and pet information.
  2. Proof of spay/neuter, such as a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for services is required if the pet has been altered since the last licensing period and you are applying for the lower spayed/neutered license fee.

Your paperwork will not be returned to you, so please retain a copy of your documents for your records.