Adoption Fees Dogs & Cats:
- Dogs/Puppies: $60.00
(1/2 price if already spayed/neutered)
- Cats/Kittens: $35.00
($15.00 if already spayed/neutered)
- County license: $5.00
(The adoption fees includes: spay/neuter, vaccinations, microchip, worming, flea pill, blood test, and free obedience training)
Adoption Fees other:
- Large Livestock: Auction Value
- Small Livestock: $20.00
- Poultry: $5.00
- Small Furbearers: $5.00
- Exotic Birds & Reptiles: Market Price
- Your photo ID (valid driver's license, state or federal ID) will be photocopied onto your adoption application.
- A person adopting an animal must be 18 years of age or older or have a parent or guardian present to sign adoption papers.
- We accept cash, checks, or credit cards for adoptions.
- Adoption of an animal is made with the understanding that an employee of Animal Services may visit you to check for compliance with our adoption policies.
Many of our animals come from unknown backgrounds. Therefore, Animal Services makes no guarantees as to the health, breed, temperament or ultimate size of this animal.
Please understand we deal with homeless or unwanted animals. The adoption process may seem time consuming but we wish to maximize an animal's chance for a sucessful adoption. Adopting a companion pet is a major consideration and responsible pet ownership demands a considerable commitment. Thank you for your interest in our sheltered animals.
Florida Statutes, Section 823.15 requires that all dogs and cats placed for adoption from animal shelters or animal control agencies will be sterilized on the date of surgery or within 30 days from the date of adoption unless a veterinarian certifies the animal is unfit for surgery.